The dealings of an Email scam.

For the past couple days I've been having an interesting conversation to what seems to be a Nigerian E-mail scam. Truth is, these people really tick me of, Nigerian or not. I mean; not to discriminate, this could be from some kid in Brooklyn. Either way, I feel like I should expose this. Before you read on, you should check out this video. So here goes...... I initially received this email: Dear Friend, I am Mrs. Margrét Jóhannsson, a devoted christian from Iceland who was married to Late Engr. Brown Jóhannsson {PhD} who worked with MULTINATIONAL OIL COMPANY EXXON AS A DRILLING RIG SUPPLIER in Saudi Arabia for 19 years before he died on the 25th of August, 2008. Before his death, he deposited the sum of 5,142,728.00 Dollars with a bank In Canada. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next eight months due to cancer problem. Having known my condition, I decided to donate this fund to a church, organization or good person that will utilize this money in good faith by setting up a charity organisation. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and I kept this deposit secret till date, this is why I am taking this decision. Upon your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank. I will also issue a letter of authorization to the bank that will prove you as the present beneficiary of this money. Please contact me via my email address on the subject. Await your responds and God bless you. Mrs. Margrét Jóhannsson Email:magrtjhssn1@rogers.com I responded with this: What do I have to do? Sent from my iPhone (At this point it is very clear that these folks are getting a rough translation from an automatic translation website. The grammar is horrible.... granted this is supposed to be a multimillion dollar lady from the UK.) Their response: Good day to you, I am very grateful to you for the interest shown in my plight and I want to assure you that you will be greatly rewarded for what you have chosen to do. Although we know each other for the first time but I believe our father has directed me to you as I prayed and searched over the internet for assistance because I saw your profile on Microsoft EMAIL owners list and picked you. Be assured that you stand no risk as this is my money which I and my late husband laboured for thus me as the next of kin has the sole power to donate the funds to whoever I wish. I do not want my husband's family to know about this deposit because of their greed. This is why I am communicating with you only on email and I am making communication with the finance firm also who understands my predicament. Please note that I cannot write much cause of my health, so I require your urgent response so I will immediately write my chamber to prepare a court injunction/power of attorney making you beneficiary to my fund. To prepare this document, I will require your full names and address. With this document you will contact the finance firm to arrange the transfer of the fund to you.As soon as you have received the fund then you will help me set up charity or distribute it to charity organizations and hospitals.I pray to be alive when you receive this fund and start this project so that you can visit me here if you wish to. Your sister in the lord. Margrét Jóhannsson ME AND MY LATE HUSBAND MY RESPONSE: My full name is Fernando Luis Lopez My address is 12211 belvedere dr. Woodbridge va 22193. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Sent from my iPhone THEIR RESPONSE: Dear Friend, God bless you and I thank you so much for your word and trust, commitment and assurance towards the use of this fund to help the less privileged which has been my dream as well as my late husband, I want you to know that God definitely has a purpose for this and he will surely guide you through this noble course even when I am not alive but my spirit will be with you, but always pray for me. I have already issued a letter of authority to the finance firm in CANADA making you beneficiary to my deposit. I take this decision because my time is short and I want to dispense this fund in the right channel before I leave this sinful world. God has led me to you and I want you to know that so far you have heeded to his call he will not let you down. I believe the bank will confirm my decision and send me back an acceptance letter tomorrow so as soon as I hear back from the branch manager I shall provide you the contact details so that you can get in touch with them for the funds to be released I can count on you and trust you because this is a huge sum of money to you. God bless you and please do not let me down even if I am not watching you do as if I am with you and do the best to make sure this hope are used for what their made for. Its hard trusting you but by faith we are made stronger than anything else and mercy will not allow you fail this task because it’s all in your hands now. I will only send you the bank details for contact with the bank when I receive an email from you assuring me that you are above 18 years old and you are fully ready to take up this project with all your heart and promise to keep every information shared between us this day and be young strictly confidential to your eyes alone till this process is fully completed and the funds transferred to you in your country, when I get that I will send you the bank details for contact and make the final order for them to pay you upon your contact so get back to me at your earliest convenient with assurance to be loyal as promised previously. Your sister in the lord. Margrét Jóhannsson. Me on my sick bed MY RESPONSE: Hello, I am deeply worry that you're dying. Let me know who I need to contact. Sent from my iPad THEIR RESPONSE: Good day, God bless you for your zeal and seriousness to help me out in this charitable course and God will surely bless you and I want you to know that I am a very devoted Christian and do only the things directed by my father. I contacted you purely on divine instruction and I want you to know that so far I prayed about this divine direction to you then God has appointed you for this project to bless you and your family, all I need is absolute trust and honesty when this funds get to you that it will be used to accomplish the purpose for which it was made. I will want you to set up a charity home or foundation with this name "Jóhanns Foundation" when the fund has been released to you. Dear you are now my only source of strength and hope and you alone can make me happy if only you make my dream come to pass then I shall wait upon the lord with joy in my heart. Please do not disappoint me because you know what it takes to entrust so much money on you. I have already issued a letter of authority to the finance firm regarding my appointing you as my beneficiary and you are now the sole and sole beneficiary to this fund totaling $5,142,728.00 USD and you have to keep 20% for your services for you and your family. My finance firm advised me that such huge amount of money cannot be easily transferred from Canada since I am keeping it a secret from my husband family due to their greedy behavior thus proper and legal arrangements have been made with their London Branch in which you will be transferring the money from. As I told you in my last email my health is not too good now which means sometimes it will be difficult for me to be on the Internet and send messages to you but do send me messages and my prayer and blessings is with you. Also as soon as the funds get to you let me know so that I can still advise you on things to do. The contact details and email of the finance firm is below and you have to contact them immediately via email "operationdept@rbofcanadaltd.com" as I have already issued the authority to them and they will be expecting to hear from you so that they can arrange on how the funds will be transferred to you. You have to provide them with every assistance the bank will need to effect the transfer to enable the funds released to you without delay. I want you to contact the bank stating only my deposit File No: Reference: RBC/2010/678/51829/CA-UK for easy trace of my file, and also note that you “MUST” open an account with this branch of ROYAL BANK OF CANADA LIMITED before my deposit willed to you will be credited in your name and thereafter you can transfer to anywhere you want in the world, if you follow the instructions from the bank directly within the next 3 working days you will have this funds transferred to you and available for use. Address and contact email of my bank branch in UK below: Royal Bank Of Canada Limited 71 Queen Victoria Street London, United Kingdom, EC4V 4DE Tel: +44-203-239-5883 Fax: +44-872-111-3287 operationdept@rbofcanadaltd.com You are free to make any investigation and research of the above bank for secured reasons. But here I am 90% sure of my bank as they have help the Jóhanns Foundation on different transactions in the past. Please do take note of scams as I and my husband before his death have been ripped off 80,000 US dollars in a so called lottery. Please beware and make sure you are fully assured that you sent mail to the given E-mail address. The agreement I signed at the point of depositing this funds states that who ever I authorized to inherited this deposit will complete it through the use of an online account that MUST be opened by the new customer, therefore note that your contact with the ROYAL BANK OF CANADA LIMITED will involve the opening of a new private account in your name which automatically credit the deposit into your account. That is the ROYAL BANK OF CANADA LIMITED e-banking policy so you should be ready to open an account with them upon your contact, how ever if you are prompt to the bank instructions this process will be completed within 72hrs Make sure you contact them through their Internet Banking E-mail {operationdept@rbofcanadaltd.com} I will look forward to hearing from you as you claim the money from the bank. Thank you. Margrét Jóhannsson. NOW ITS TIME FOR ME TO PUT SOME PRESSURE ON THE SITUATION...... Hello, I would like to help anyone that is in great need the best I can. But this whole time, we've been conversing I have been giving you vague responses. It is of much surprise that you trust me... even with my simple answers. I am also a religious man, in fact I grew up with my Father being a pastor... so I know what faith is. So, please dont give me a faith answer, or anything that has to do with the divine. Finally, if you truly are serious about this transaction: PLease feel free to have your lawyer contact my attorney. They can handle the final preparations for your " so called" funds. Oh ... one more thing: I traced your IP address, for security reasons. So unless you tell me exactly where you are (be honest) we will no longer be doing business. Thank you. MainBabyCigarette ....TO BE CONTINUED

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank-you for posting this. I also received the exact same dialogue and pictures, within the past 3 days, including one response from "her" today (9/20/2011). The name I have been given was Hilda Björn from Canada, but everything else is identical, including the bank email address, amount, and file #.

Thought I would do a little research, as I have been approached with scams before also, and your site showed up. So, again thank-you for confirming.
mylife.hall1@gmail.com said…
I recently recived the same email, except the foundation is named Bjorn Foundation; the email for her finance is, 'operationdept@rbnkcuk.com'. And, the bank phone number is +44701128334. This Hilda Bjorn gave me a number to contact her, for the US 011 919873098890. I did not receive any pictures.

I too have been involved in some scams.
I am not using my computer or IPhone to send my comments, just thought I would do some research and saw this. The email used to find me is, 'mylife.hall1@gmail.com'.

Thank you for the information.
April 10, 2012
undercover said…
I recently recived the same email. Same name too! And i also got pictures.did you ever find out who that was?
Anonymous said…
i have got the same email with the identical information of what is posted above. i have been involved with scams and have been hit hard. especially with my own bank charging me 1,560 US dollars for a check that i deposited. they withdrew the money along with a second amount equal to the amount the check was worth throwing me under by a lot. After that incident i decided to investigate all unknown people that ask me for help or say that i will get money. countless other sights said that this person was a scamer and that person did not exist. so i am going to say thanks but no thanks to this person and use her faith of the lord against her.
Unknown said…
Hello I'm commenting from Mexico and I got exactly the same message just with different names now a cousin of mine helped me research and we found out that it is all a scam thanks to you for posting this information
18/August/2020

Popular Posts